Exclusive Weapon Powers
* Handgun - Increases the chance of a headshot being fatal by a factor of five (5% or 20%, take your pick).
* Punisher - Each bullet can penetrate up to five bodies.
* Red 9 - Increases firepower to 5. 0
* Blacktail - Increases firepower to 3. 4
* Matilda - Increases magazine capacity to 100.
* Shotgun - Increases the effective damage range of the gun.
* Riotgun - Increases firepower to 10. 0
* Striker - Increases magazine capacity to 100.
* Rifle - Increases firepower to 18. 0
* Semiauto Rifle - Decreases firing speed to 0. 40 seconds.
* Broken Butterfly - Increases damage to 50. 0
* Killer7 - No exclusive power!
* TMP - Increases firepower to 1. 8
* Minethrower - Adds homing ability to mines and increases their blast radii.
Do Not Reload Before Upgradation
Whenever you upgrade your gun's capacity it fills the weapon with ammo. So don't reload before you buy the upgrade. This works great with weapons that have very little ammo (such as the magnum revolver 'Broken Butterfly'); after you use up the gun's magazine, simply look for the merchant and upgrade the ammo capacity.
When battling the two Gigantes bosses in the lava room, drop one in the fire pit. Then kill the other normally. Collect the $15, 000 from the first boss and choose to leave the room. Re-enter the lava room and the money from the second boss (dropped into the lava) will be on the lava pit's edge. This oversight was corrected by Capcom on the PAL version.
Punisher Hand Gun
The merchant has a special hand gun in free for you all you
have to do is to search two areas of the game for blue medallions and shoot them. Finding and shooting more than 10 of the medallions will reward you with the punisher pistol. This weapon has slightly upgraded statistics and penetrating bullets. When upgraded fully it can penetrate up to 4 enemies.
Free Broken Butterfly And Treasures
When you are the area when you are just about to see the intermission sequence of Luis Sera dying, there will be a door that lets you know you will need another person to open it. After you get Ashley back, return to this door. Give Ashley a piggyback and she will open the door. Inside will be a lot of treasure and a broken butterfly magnum.
Killing Dr. Salvador Easily
To kill Dr. Salvador easily without having him saw through your neck, equip the shotgun and shoot his legs, wait for him to get up, shoot his legs again, keep repeating this until he dies (approximately 30 seconds). It's a not the fast way but the easy way.
Easy As A Pie
In the castle files at the sewer while crossing the axe blades, you can see a thin line near them. Get as close as you can near them and judge your run (or jump). By doing this you can cross all the blades easily.
To save bullets shoot the enemies and get near them when they are groggy and you can kick them. At the castle shoot the enemies and when they are down you can supplex them.
No Need Of Knifing
Shoot El gigante with the Killer 7 and when his parasite shows up, shoot it again with the killer 7 instead of knifing it to kill kim.
Wesker In Main Story
You can play as Albert Wesker in the main story. Here's how to do it.
1. First Unlock Wesker in the mercenaries mini game by getting a 4 star rating in the castle map of the game.
2. Select him
3. When in the stage selection screen, press cancel until the title screen
4. Select new game (any costume)
5. Here you go Wesker in main story
There are some restrictions to avoid the game from getting crashed when you're playing
1. Wesker cannot use weapons other than grenades, 9mm handgun, Killer 7 and Semi-auto rifle.
2. You can upgrade the weapons and cases. But cannot purchase another weapon. Even if you're trying to scroll other weapons in the list, the game will crash.
3. As stated in 2. Therefore you cannot purchase Semi-auto rifle and Killer 7. You must trainer to enable access in these weapons.
4. The melee attack available is the Chikyo Chagi. The thrust punch will end up with earthquake in the gameplay screen and inflict no damage to the enemies. This happens because of the invalid animation (send enemies fly away)
5. Don't pick up any free weapons on the way (e. g . Shotgun and BB). However you can pick up the ammo and sell it the merchant.
Go To Hell Prisoner
The easy and safe way to kill the prisoner in the prison chamber at the castle is to keep the grenade thrower equipped, command Ashley to wait far behind to be safe. Open the door of the prisoner's chamber and quickly shoot the grenade on him, he may not die so quickly, so he may need 2 or 3 grenades. But after that he dies and you can operate the mechanics inside the chamber.
When in the castle, at the prison chamber there are two bells at each side of the chamber shooting it makes it gong.
Melting The Big Cheese
The easy way to kill the big cheese is to get four grenades first (except flash grenades) and throw it on him. And then when his body tears up but still alive shoot him with the rocket launcher.
if this didn't work for you because you don't have the money to buy the rocket launcher do this.
first when you enter the house and his body tears up run near the ladder and take the shotgun shells and the green herb present on one of the boxes, and climb the ladder. And when the big cheese nears you, he attacks with his claws so when he is attacking come to the right side of your present location where a yellow herb and a green herb will be kept and when he comes to attack you at that place go to the opposite location where a grenade and a red herb will be kept. Throw the grenades on him and start attacking him with the guns. The best way to survive is to go to the opposite location when he is nearing you. And when his lower body tears up run fast to the main door and take your shotgun. Attack it accurately at the head so it jumps off or falls keep attacking him like that and he dies.
If your having trouble surviving the waves of zombies at the village, get into the end of the village to the right of the entrance, let the door close behind you, shoot two holes in it and knife everything through the door, this won't take too long, saves ammo, and is the best way to survive.
Bursting The Burst Head
When you shoot some zombies their parasite shows up. The best way is to shoot them at the bottom of the parasite where an eye-like structure is found. Shooting there makes it die in a single bullet.
We find foothold traps in parts of this game. Best way to make sure that Ashley doesn't step on it is to attack them with the knife, so it closes itself. No harm will be done by doing this for Leon.
When at the cemetery, look up at the right top of the church where you will find a bell. Shooting it makes it gong.
Unlock the Matilda handgun (which fires 3 round bursts) by clearing the game.
Mercenaries Mini-Game Characters
To unlock Ada Wong in Mercenaries get a 4 star rating on the Pueblo map of the game.
To unlock Albert Wesker in Mercenaries get a 4 star rating on the Waterworld map of the game.
To unlock Hunk in Mercenaries get a 4 star rating on the Island Commando map of the game.
To unlock Jack Krauser in Mercenaries get a 4 star rating on the Castle map of the game.
Just beat the game and an infinite rocket launcher will be available on merchant. It costs 100000 pts.
Beat the game to unlock the mercenaries mini game.