Super Smash Bros. Melee Bonuses Guide
Author- Nate Tackett
AIM Screen Name- Unsteady Dood
Basically this guide is a complete list all of the bonuses that you can
receive at the end of a match in multi-player or single player in this
game. You will receive the Diskun trophy for getting all of these
All descriptions are taken word for word from the game. Your bonus
listing can be found under Data / Melee Records / Bonus Records.
For any of the bonuses that say "Used items. (3 or more)" make
sure that you ONLY use those items, but also make sure you DON'T pick up
any crates, barrels or capsules. This means you should break open the
containers with your attacks instead.
Also a meteor attack is an attack that sends the enemy flying straight
down. After a character sparkles before doing one, examples are Young
Link's down+A attack in the air, or Mario's forward+A attack in the air.
(These are listed in the same order that the game lists them.)
Bird of Prey (4000)
- Used only aerial attacks.
Combo King (2500)
- Used many combos. (Average # of combos is 2.5 or greater)
- Struck an enemy many times while keeping him airborne.
- High % of attacks were from rear. (70% or more of total)
- High % of attacks were low. (50% or more of total)
Clean Sweep (5000)
- All attacks were low attacks.
Meteor Smash (800)
- KO'd foe with a Meteor Attack.
Meteor Clear (3000)
- Cleared the level with a Meteor Attack.
Meteor Master (8000)
- Every Meteor Attack KO'd an opponent. (Minimum of 2)
Meteor Survivor (2000)
- Succeeded in recovering from a Meteor Attack.
Flying Meteor (4000)
- Hit a flying enemy with a Meteor Attack.
Exceptional Aim (4000)
- Hit with most attacks.
Perfect Aim (10000)
- Hit with all attacks. (At least 8 attacks per minute)
All Ground (6000)
- Used all standard ground attacks against enemies.
All Aerial (4000)
- Used all standard aerial attacks against enemies.
All Variations (10000)
- Used all attacks except finishing blows on enemies. <*NOTE*
See All on One below for how to do this just make sure you do
those 24 attacks on more than one enemy, so try spreading them
out over 2 non-moving human players. >
All on One (20000)
- Used all attacks except finishing blows on one enemy. <*NOTE*
Here is how I did this: I don't know WHAT the description
thinks are finishing moves but I guess I didn't do them,
that's very misleading though. You need to do your 24
different moves on one enemy. This includes: your 4 special
(B) moves, your 4 smash attacks, throw the enemy in all 4
directions, hit him while running, hit A once from a
standstill, do your short A combo from a standstill, do your
forward/back/down/up-A attacks, do your forward/back/down/up-A
attacks while jumping, and do an (neutral) A attack while
jumping. If you do all of these attacks and hit the enemy
with them you should get this bonus. When doing this it is
easiest to do against a non moving human player at handicap 1,
and 0.5 damage ratio.
Lethal Weapon (7000)
- Hit with a wide variety of attacks.
- Attacked in a frenzy. (60 attacks or more in 1 minute)
Smash King (3000)
- Used many Smash Attacks. (150% or more of all hits)
Smash Maniac (3500)
- Only used Smash Attacks.
Smash less (1500)
- Used no Smash Attacks.
- Hit with only special moves.
Dedicated Specialist (3100)
- Used only one kind of special move.
One-Two Punch (1800)
- Hit consecutively with all weak attacks.
First Strike (500)
- Delivered first blow of match.
150% Damage (1000)
- Took 150% damage or more. Not valid in team battles.
200% Damage (3000)
- Took 200% damage or more. Not valid in team battles.
250% Damage (7000)
- Took 250% damage or more. Not valid in team battles.
300% Damage (10000)
- Took 300% damage or more. Not valid in team battles.
350% Damage (15000)
- Took 350% damage or more. Not valid in team battles.
Heavy Damage (20000)
- Took 400% damage or more. Not valid in team battles.
- Hit only with flying objects.
- Hit only with direct attacks.
Precise Aim (10000)
- All attacks hit immediately after execution.
- Fought only with grabs and throws.
- Had a high rate of grab and dash-grab failures.
All Thumbs (-1500)
- All dash-grab attempts failed. (At least 4 attempted)
Cuddly Bear (2000)
- Performed at least 3 grabs, but did not attack or throw enemy.
Compass Tosser (3500)
- Used all four directional-throw moves.
Throw Down (2500)
- Threw last foe to clear game.
- Did a lot of damage by holding and punching foes.
Fists of Fury (2500)
- After grabbing, always held and punched, never threw.
Close Call (2000)
- Threw just before enemy broke your hold.
- Didn't attack for a very long period of time.
- Spent a long time on sloped terrain.
- Little left-to-right movement.
Never Look Back (5000)
- Never changed direction.
Stiff Knees (300)
- Did not crouch.
Run, Don't Walk (6500)
- Did not walk. (Extremely short distance doesn't count)
- Walked a lot.
No Hurry (1000)
- Did not run.
Marathon Man (2000)
- Ran a lot.
- Went airborne a lot.
- Did not jump from the ground. (No overlap with Cement Shoes)
- Always did a midair jump. (No overlap with Cement Shoes)
Cement Shoes (4000)
- Never jumped, including midair jumps.
Head Banger (800)
- Hit walls a lot. (3 or more times per minute)
Elbow Room (2000)
- Bumped into or pushed foes a lot.
Power Shielder (5000)
- Used the Power Shield often. (3 times or more in 1 minute)
Shield Buster (x2500)
- Broke enemy's shield.
Shattered Shield (x-1000)
- Enemy broke shield.
Shield Stupidity (x-2000)
- Broke own shield.
Shield Saver (500)
- Dropped shield just before it was broken.
Skid Master (1000)
- Had long stun-slide distance. (9 feet or more in 1 minute)
Rock Climber (800)
- Hung from many edges. (4 times or more in one minute)
Edge Hog (x2500)
- Hung from edge to prevent opponent from doing the same.
- Grabbed a lot of edges after being knocked off the stage.
Life on the Edge (x800)
- After being hit, grabbed edge without a midair jump.
- Taunted often. (6 or more times in 1 minute)
Poser Poseur (x500)
- Taunted right after someone else. (Within 1 second)
Poser Power (x700)
- Attacked someone with a taunt.