The all new multi-player beta for Gears of War 3, scheduled for release on April 25th, will be available only by pre-ordering a copy through certain retailers. Gamestop will be the only retailer in the US. The multi-player beta will run from April 25 through May 15.
Team Deathmatch will be available for the new maps: Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches, and Old Town. Capture the Leader and Kill of the Hill are said to be added sometime during the beta period. There is also said to be “a surprise event weekend you won’t want to miss.” There isn’t any news on what that will be yet, but I’m guessing you won’t want to miss it. The people at GEARS 3 released this list of beta unlockables to get your thoughts and expectations flowing.
Exclusive Beta Unlockables
- Flaming Hammerburst — Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Lancer — Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun — Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun — Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
- Beta Tester Medal — Wear it proudly, Gear.Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
- Thrashball Cole — Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day — a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style. Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer — Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
The full game is set to release mid-September 2011. Submit your comments below, or add hints and tips at the Gears of War 3 cheats page.