Ubisoft announced Khyber Strike today — the third DLC pack in the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC package. Here are the highlights straight from Ubisoft:
Three New Multiplayer Maps
- Switchback: Step off the main road leading down into the city and into a maze of ancient buildings and narrow alleys. The twists and turns of the alleyways turn every corner into a close-quarters deathtrap.
- Palace: There’s no time for reflection even in this magnificent relic. What once was a museum dedicated to showing the glories of the past is now a battlefield, with a massive courtyard at the heart of its contested ground.
- Transit: A Moscow metro station makes for close quarters and close-range combat. Trains pulling into and out of the station add to the danger as Ghosts and Bodark slug it out underground.
A new multiplayer mode called “Takeover”
Similar to a classic team deathmatch, score points for your team by eliminating enemies. Tip the scales by taking control of the enemy’s objective and earn a score multiplier to your team. Defend your team’s objective to prevent the enemy from gaining the same advantage. Choose to split your team to defend and attack at the same time, or move as a group and overwhelm your enemy. When the mission ends, the team with highest score wins.
A new Guerilla Mode map called “Village”
The new map allows for 4 players online, with 2 players in local split-screen. It looks perfect for snipers.
The Kyber Strike DLC will also feature a level cap increase of +10 and new achievements (which, of course, we’ll feature on our Ghost Recon: Future Solider page as soon as they’re announced).
Release dates for Kyber Strike are October 9, 2012 for Xbox 360 and October 10, 2012 for Sony PlayStation.
Games Mentioned in this Article
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for Xbox 360
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for PS3
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for PC